Educational visits, often remembered and cherished for years afterwards, are an essential aspect of school life. Our students across all age groups enjoy the benefits of a wide variety of such visits.
We’re proud of the variety of visits we offer our students. They may be linked to a subject curriculum, revolve around sport or simply be in recognition of students’ efforts during their Guilsborough Academy journey. Either way, enjoying learning experiences outside the classroom environment has an enormously positive impact on a student’s school experience.
We also recognise the value of international visits. They can be enjoyable, often bonding experiences. They are also key to fostering our students’ understanding of different people and cultures. Not only can this make them more well-rounded as human beings, but also enables them to develop as truly global citizens.
Examples of our most recent visits
Some of our most recent visits arranged for students at the academy have included:-
- Year 7 induction visit to Caldecotte Xperience, Milton Keynes
- Year 12 induction at Grafham water and end of year visit to Hunstanton
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Expeditions
- Geography fieldwork visits to London, Birmingham, Snowdonia and Sicily
- Science residential visits to Wales
- History visits to Maritime museum and the Tower of London
- Bi-annual ski trips to various locations around the world
- World challenge expedition to Ecuador
- Sports visits to Europe, previous years have included Barcelona, Holland and Malta.
- Music and the English/Drama departments visits to the theatre
What our students and staff say about our trips
Our students have fantastic experiences on our education visits and some of their thoughts and experiences are shared below;
The field trip was very successful as it allowed us to have a better insight into urban life and how to properly conduct surveys to gather information.
Isaac, Year 12 Student
A great day carrying out A-level Physical fieldwork on water and carbon cycles with @geofieldworkLtd. Who knew soil could be so exciting!?
The expedition to Ecuador was a fantastic experience for all students. They had experiences and gained skills which will be with them for a lifetime. It was wonderful to watch the students grow in confidence over the 3 weeks. They showed resilience on a challenging trek and showed incredible determination to make a difference to the local community in Ecuador by completing a project at a local school. A highlight of the expedition was seeing the humpback whales and turtles in their natural environment when we visited one of the small Galapagos islands.
Miss J Furnell, World Challenge Expedition 2019
Photo albums of our most recent visits
Please click on the albums below to have a look at the fantastic experiences and memories our students have had from some of our most recent visits;