Ethos and Values
Our community is predicated on mutual respect through tolerance, trust and honesty. We aspire to inspire each other to succeed, showing grit and resilience to overcome any obstacles which might stand in our way. We take responsibility for our actions to ensure we are working positively together. We appreciate others by the strength of character they show and seek equality for all.
At Guilsborough Academy, we strive to provide an engaging and supportive school culture based upon four key values:
Each of these contributes to our ethos of 'Learning Without Limits'.
Our goal is clear – to provide an outstanding education for our students, delivering the very best in teaching, learning, personal development and leadership.
To this end, we constantly seek to raise standards, improve the quality of our provision, and enable students to 'Learn Without Limits'.
We achieve this by
- making the most of our freedoms as an academy
- fostering partnership work with local secondary and primary schools
- developing and maintaining regional and national partnerships
Our PSHE (Personal Social Health and Education) and assembly programme combine to support the development and delivery of the Academy's values.
We maintain a keen focus on our vision for the future:
- To provide a personalised learning curriculum offering a range of pathways to maximise the potential of all students.
- To put students at the centre of their own learning, enabling them to have a strong voice and become effective independent learners.
- To ensure students reach their full potential, using effective learning assessment to ensure appropriate targets, tracking, support, intervention and guidance.
- To develop the school's capacity to be a centre of learning excellence for all, building effective professional development and training capacity.
The school's professional development and partnership work underpin all areas of development, from a focus on raising standards and using innovative teaching and learning styles through to the effective use of technology to support monitoring, reporting, assessment, and behaviour systems.
What do our values and ethos mean to our students?