Cost of Living Support
Please find below updated information regarding cost of living support available in North and West Northants which you may find useful.
Cost of living support | West Northamptonshire Council (westnorthants.gov.uk)
West Northamptonshire Council (WNC) has worked with partners across the authority to offer a package of financial and practical support to help residents with rising costs of food, fuel and essential daily items over the winter months.
- Financial help for low wage workers, households with children, and those most needing help towards rent, council tax, household bills including gas and electricity, childcare costs and important daily essentials. Funded by the third tranche of the Household Support Fund.
- West Northamptonshire Council Online Cost of Living Support Hub
- Cost-of-Living Support Line 0300 126 7000
- Directory of 67 Warm Spaces across the whole county Looking for warm spaces | West Northamptonshire Council (westnorthants.gov.uk)
- Directory of food banks and larders across West Northants
Between now and March 2023 financial support will be available:
- To households with children – A £15 voucher was available for October half term and further support will be provided over the Christmas break to families of children who receive free school meals. A parent or carer of a child under 18 years old | West Northamptonshire Council (westnorthants.gov.uk)
- To up to 4,000 households working but receiving a low wage - Online applications are now open to residents earning *£300 or less a week to receive payments totalling £250 into their bank accounts towards winter essentials. The first award of £125 will be credited to the applicant’s bank account at the point of approval of the application. The second payment will be credited to the same bank account 60 days later (without the need for a further application). To qualify you must be employed, have a valid bank account, live in the region, not been in receipt of the recent £650 government Cost-of-Living payments (£326 and £324) and be over 18. To apply visit Household Support Fund | West Northamptonshire Council (westnorthants.gov.uk)
Cost of living | North Northamptonshire Council (northnorthants.gov.uk)
- Directory of warm spaces Warm spaces | North Northamptonshire Council (northnorthants.gov.uk)
- Directory of food banks and meals for those in need Food banks and meals | North Northamptonshire Council (northnorthants.gov.uk)