Encouraging regular school attendance is one of the most powerful ways you can prepare your child for success, both in school and in life. When you make school attendance a priority, you help your child get better grades, develop healthy life habits, avoid dangerous behaviour and have a better chance of achieving their full potential.
Students who attend school regularly also feel more connected to their community, develop important social skills and friendships, and are significantly more likely to leave school with good qualifications, setting them up for a strong future.
The target attendance figure for all students at Guilsborough Academy is a minimum of 96% attendance.
We wish to work in partnership with parents and carers and so are seeking your full support in ensuring that your child attends school every day and on time. We are always pleased to work together with parents and carers in resolving any difficulties as we are committed to improving attendance levels at school. You can see your child’s current attendance percentage on the Edulink App.
If your child is absent for any reason we expect them to catch up on and complete the classwork and homework for that period of time.
Please note the following information which will help you work with us to ensure that your child has the very best chance of success at Guilsborough Academy:
- Ensure your child comes to school every day, on time, equipped and ready to learn. Students should be sat down ready to learn by 8.45am, when registration begins. Students should be in the building by 8.35am. Students arriving very late will be marked absent and will require an explanatory note or the absence will remain unauthorised.
- Ensure the school has up to date addresses and telephone numbers. We will contact you if your child is absent and you have not contacted the school. This ensures your child’s safety and any truancy is quickly identified.
- Students should attend school for 190 days per year.
- If your child is ill, contact the school on each day of absence, before 8.40am on 01604 749111 or via Absence Reporting on the Edulink app or email (absence@Guilsborough.northants.sch.uk)
- To request a leave of absence during term time please complete the form here and return to email@example.com
If no contact is received regarding the absence, it is recorded as unauthorised. Ultimately the school is responsible for deciding if the absence is acceptable or not. Only genuine absence will be authorised.