Guilsborough Academy Uniform
The staff and Governors expect all students to wear the Guilsborough Academy uniform throughout Years 7 to 11 so that their appearance is smart and tidy, both within and outside the school premises.
If parents/carers are on a low income and in receipt of support, they should contact the academy as help may be available with the cost of the essential items of uniform. By accepting a place at Guilsborough Academy, parents are committing the student to wear the agreed uniform.
Important information on how to buy school uniform
Blazers and ties are available from here. Competitively priced, the blazers are £30.99 (sizes up to 38") and £35.99 (sizes 38" plus) (including VAT).Ties are priced at £5.99 (including VAT).Their shop is located at 63 High Street, Daventry, NN11 4BQ and offers a fitting room for your convenience. We recommend visiting the shop for accurate sizing however items can also be purchased online at www.scallywagz.co.uk or by telephone 01327 700069. Shop opening hours: Monday – Friday 9am - 5pm (Closed Wednesday). Saturday 9:30am - 4:30pm and there is free parking. Scallywagz recommend visiting them with your child by mid-July to order uniform for the Autumn Term. They take a 10% deposit and ask that the uniform is collected by mid-August. They will exchange sizes if your child grows in the meantime.
PE kit can be purchased from Scallywagz (instructions found above).
Essential items to be purchased through Scallywagz
- AKOA Vortex polo or Vortex crew neck
- Vortex reversible top long sleeves or long sleeve quarter zip sweatshirt
Essential items that can be purchased through other retailers
- Plain Navy football socks
- Any of the following bottoms: Plain Navy Shorts or Plain Navy multisport skort or Plain Navy track suit bottoms or Plain Navy leggings
- Shin pads (compulsory for football and hockey)
- Gum shield (compulsory for football, rugby and hockey) – these can be purchased from the PE department)
- Non-marking trainers
- Football boots (recommended for football, rugby and activities on the field in the winter).
The following items are not essential
- Plain Navy multisport skirt instead of shorts
- Plain Navy Pro track pants
- Plain Navy Girls leggings
We expect all our students to attend lessons with the equipment they require for learning, and we will challenge them when this is not the case. A full list of the necessary equipment is listed here:
- Black pens (x2)
- Ruler (preferably 30cm)
- Calculator (the academy recommends a Scientific Calculator (Casio fx-83GTX)
- Pencil sharpener
- Reading book for years 7-9
In addition, the following are also advised:
- Maths set including protractor and a pair of compasses
We would like all students to keep their equipment in a pencil case. This will help them to keep their equipment organised and prevent it from being lost or broken.
The Hardship fund provides financial assistance for students Year 7 to 11 whose financial circumstances are
exceptional and particularly those students who need financial help to meet extra costs that cannot be met from other sources of support. The fund can also help to alleviate unexpected financial hardship.
Students in Year 12 and 13 can apply for financial assistance to the 16-19 Bursary Fund.
Details of how to apply for the Hardship Fund can be found in the 'Hardship Fund Policy document' which can be downloaded below.