Personal, Social and Health Education
We believe that every student should leave Guilsborough Academy with the knowledge, skills and mind-set necessary to achieve their full potential and become role model citizens in society.
Students will believe:
- There is no limit to my academic potential
- I have plenty of options available post-16 and post-18
- Hard work, commitment and drive will open doors for me
- Modelling respect, responsibility and equality will make me a valued member of society and a valuable employee.
Students will demonstrate the following skills:
- Literacy and numeracy proficiency
- Technological skills
Students will develop an in-depth understanding of:
- Physical health
- Mental wellbeing
- Healthy relationships
- Living in the wider world
- Career options and Educational Pathways
- British Values: (i) Democracy (ii) Rule of law (iii) Respect (iv) Liberty (v) Responsibility (vi) Tolerance
Guilsborough Academy’s Personal Development Programme Delivery
Life Skills Curriculum Programme:
Our life skills lessons are taught by our specialist Life Skills Teacher and Form Tutors and follow a scheme of learning covering:
- Health Education
- Financial Education
Careers Education Information Advice & Guidance (CEIAG):
Our CEIAG schedule of activities is dynamic, inclusive and delivered by:
- 1:1 Careers Interviews with an independent careers advisor
- Guest Speakers
- Workplace simulation activities
- Role plays
- Industry Speakers
- Alumni-led workshops
- Parent/carer talks
- Speed interviews
- Careers Breakfasts
- Careers Club
- SEND and DS future aspirations project
- Futures Conference for parents and students
- Life skills curriculum
Weekly Tutor Sessions enable our students to gain the knowledge, skills and understanding required to make well informed decisions and to be successful.
Enrichment activities such as the very popular Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and The Brilliant Club contribute to an extensive offer of extra opportunities. The Brilliant Club is operated through our Raising Aspirations Project.
We offer support and advice and signpost students to further support through our Mental Health and Wellbeing Project.