At Guilsborough Academy we believe in achievement, ambition and progress for all children, which is driven through our values of Respect, Aspiration, Responsibility and Equality.
The Admission Policy for the school is fully inclusive. The aims of the Learning Support Department are guided by the SEND Code of Practice and you can read the academy's SEND information report below. The school offers equality of opportunity and access to the curriculum for all pupils regardless of ability or special educational need. Provision is made for SEND pupils through the effective use of available resources and by differentiation of elements of the curriculum.
At Guilsborough Academy children are identified as having SEND through a variety of ways including:
- Liaison with your child’s previous school. At the beginning of Year 7 students are placed on the SEND register based on information from Primary Schools.
- Concerns raised by parent/carers
- Concerns raised by your child’s class teacher or school SENDCo
- Concerns raised due to behavioural difficulties or poor self-esteem which is affecting performance
- Liaison with external professional (eg speech and language therapist)
- A medical diagnosis
SEND Information Report
Our latest SEND Information Report can be found below
The name and contact details of the SEND co-ordinator.
Mrs T Taylor
Northamptonshire County Council’s Local Authority’s Local Offer
Please click here to access the Local Authority's Local Offer